Most Friday’s I don’t feel like cooking… so what’s a girl to do, but cruise on down M-72 to her favorite Friday night happy hour spot. Namely, McGee’s 72 in Acme, MI!
What’s so great about this place?
- The bartenders… once they see you, they do remember what your favorite is… even after just one visit! Oh, and did I tell you about the “sister bartenders” Hannah and Rebecca? Pure jolly happy entertainment… always guaranteed to make you laugh. Make sure you ask them about “Pancakes”. 🙂 Yes, ladies, tonight I will be having my favorite cocktail, Tito’s, Soda, with an Orange Slice, TALL… 🙂 Usually, they are mixing my drink as I walk in the door.
- The steakburgers are THE BEST! When you want one, you want one! What’s this blue cheese crusted option??? Medium Rare, please! Oh… and add those great duck fried truffle fries to cure my carb craving!
- Location… They are located right next to the Grand Traverse Resort. Dinner on the patio means a great view of one beautiful Jack Nicklaus course! … and of course, a few novice golfers searching the ponds for that ball that took a wrong turn.
- The Chef’s… These guys come up with some amazing dishes, especially for Sunday Brunches. It’s a great place to take the family for a wonderful afternoon gathering. Try a steak (blue cheese crusted of course), or Pulled Pork BBQ/Mac N Cheese combo!
- The Locals… sit on the bar side, instead of getting a table for a true local feel of the area. It’s a favorite local hangout, especially if there’s a good game on! Large screen TV’s are located throughout “Matty’s Place” so you can get the best view of your favorite team. So whether you are “Go Green, Go White”, or “Maize and Blue”, chances are, your fellow sports fans are right there with you. Get to know the locals for lifelong friendships.
Want to check out more about this place? Check them out at www.mcgees72.com.
… or just get in your car and check them out in person!
Happy Friday… I think Spring is finally here to stay!
Thirsty Thursday… yes, it’s a weekly holiday where the ladies all meet for dinner and drinks. This week we ended up at one of our favorites, Peegeo’s on High Lake Road in Traverse City. I realized I have never reviewed this place before! So here it goes.
This place holds a little piece of my heart. The minute you walk in the door, it’s like walking into “Cheers”. Everybody knows your name (No I don’t run a tab like George or Cliffy…). After one visit, you are considered a local by the owners, George and Susan VanKersen. Of course, I’ve been a local to this place since 1992. So my opinion may be a little biased. But I do believe its general just a fun place to go! The bar is lined with locals telling stories and spreading cheer, no matter what time of year it is.
My menu picks:
- Hangar Steak (George does it right!) It melts in your mouth!
- Mexican Chicken wings… One of my favorites!
- Cherry Chicken Salad… for those times I feel like a need some veggies. But it’s soooooooo delish!
- BBQ Ribs… Mmmmmmmmmmm…
- Mexican Combo Plate… So much goodness on one plate.
- Mike’s Sicilian Pizza… Seriously the best pizza I have ever eaten in my life!
- The London Broil… Comfort food at its best!
Of course there’s so many options on the menu other than this. But these are my favorites! Did I mention the Mike’s Sicilian Pizza is the best ever??? Check out their menu at www.peegeos.com.
Cheer’s to the local’s at Peegeo’s! Nice job!
P.S. to my people at McGee’s in Acme, MI… you are next! You know I love ya’ll!