This little gem of a town in Northern Michigan often goes unnoticed… What people don’t realize is just how adorable Alden, Michigan really is! Why? Well, here are just a few of my simple reasons:
- Torch Lake! Yes… this town is located on the east side of Torch Lake. Beautiful views can be enjoyed from the docks at the boat launch. You can visit by boat, or by car. A quick 30 minute drive from Traverse City is all it takes.
- Alden’s Mill house… This is a must stop for my favorite spice blends and fun kitchen gadgets. It’s a quaint unique shop with something for the awesome chef in everyone! Check it out at their website… https://aldenmillhouse.com/ They ship anywhere as well, so treat your favorite chef to some Miracle Blend, or Big Dave’s Burger and Steak Blend. No kitchen is complete without it!
- The Alden Bar & Grill. Burgers, Ice Cold Beer, and friendly locals gather here. My personal favorite is the Alden Bar Burger. They even have an outdoor patio for those warm summer evenings. You just can’t go wrong.
- The Alden Depot Park and Museum. Stop in for a visit and learn about the history of this beautiful little town, relax in the park overlooking Torch Lake, or play a quick game of volleyball in the sand courts. It’s the epitome of “Pure Michigan”. You can check out all it has to offer at https://www.michigan.org/property/alden-depot-park-museum
- The Stroll! Every Thursday in the summer it’s all about Alden… Meet up with friends, Stroll the streets, listen to live music, and check out all of the shops. Alden has so much to offer.
For more details on this great town, check out VisitAlden.com. Enjoy your visit… You will want to return for years to come!