Thirsty Thursday… yes, it’s a weekly holiday where the ladies all meet for dinner and drinks. This week we ended up at one of our favorites, Peegeo’s on High Lake Road in Traverse City. I realized I have never reviewed this place before! So here it goes.
This place holds a little piece of my heart. The minute you walk in the door, it’s like walking into “Cheers”. Everybody knows your name (No I don’t run a tab like George or Cliffy…). After one visit, you are considered a local by the owners, George and Susan VanKersen. Of course, I’ve been a local to this place since 1992. So my opinion may be a little biased. But I do believe its general just a fun place to go! The bar is lined with locals telling stories and spreading cheer, no matter what time of year it is.
My menu picks:
- Hangar Steak (George does it right!) It melts in your mouth!
- Mexican Chicken wings… One of my favorites!
- Cherry Chicken Salad… for those times I feel like a need some veggies. But it’s soooooooo delish!
- BBQ Ribs… Mmmmmmmmmmm…
- Mexican Combo Plate… So much goodness on one plate.
- Mike’s Sicilian Pizza… Seriously the best pizza I have ever eaten in my life!
- The London Broil… Comfort food at its best!
Of course there’s so many options on the menu other than this. But these are my favorites! Did I mention the Mike’s Sicilian Pizza is the best ever??? Check out their menu at www.peegeos.com.
Cheer’s to the local’s at Peegeo’s! Nice job!
P.S. to my people at McGee’s in Acme, MI… you are next! You know I love ya’ll!