After passing a few favorites in search of something different, we landed at Calypso, a new Mediterranean Eatery on Munson Avenue. Here are some of my thoughts on the place:
- There’s been a few restaurants located in that particular building throughout the years. They have all been short lived, with the exception of “The Clock”. I think Calypso could be around for awhile! Maybe I’m just partial to Mediterranean food, but I found this place great!
- The pricing… well, it may be a little pricey. But the salad’s we ordered with our dinners were enormous! Next time, we split the salad. Dinner pick: Green Tomatillo Chicken Alfredo. You just can’t go wrong! This dish is positively wonderful, comforting, and flavorful. Overall, the price was worth it.
- Tempting options: Blue Cheese Crusted Delmonico Steak… This was one of the specials of the evening. We may have to go back for this! Oh… and pumpkin cheesecake… I passed on dessert this time, but, next time may be a different story!
- The service was excellent. We had an attentive professional waiter who knew the menu like the back of his hand.
- Will we go back??? Oh, by all means, yes we will! Calypso is a nice addition to the Foodie community of Traverse City.
Looking forward to my next visit to this one!
For more information on this restaurant, please visit their website at www.calypsogrilltc.com. ENJOY!